Safe Haven of Greater Waterbury has been serving victims of domestic violence since 1978. The agency provides emergency shelter and free comprehensive support services to victims and survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault. Safe Haven is committed to ending violence and sexual assault by changing the social conditions and beliefs that perpetuate violence against women and children.
President: Marianne Como
Vice President: Lauren Taylor
Treasurer: Theresa DiGiovanni
Secretary: Meagan Anthony
Mary Jane Robinson
The Board of Directors of Safe Haven of Greater Waterbury plays an important role in ensuring that the organization is fiscally sound, well managed and provides quality services. The Board is composed of community members who live in the greater Waterbury area. Board members are recruited based on their previous experience in volunteering, their interest in the issues of domestic violence and sexual assault and the expertise that they can provide.
- Attend monthly Board meetings- 2nd Tuesday of every month
- Support Fundraising Events
- Out of the Shadows Recognition Dinner - Spring
- Golf Tournament- August; Solicit golfers, Tee Sponsors, raffle prizes; Volunteer to help day of tournament
- Southbury - Fall Event
- Friends of Safe Haven Dinner - held in June to honor volunteers and Board
- Assist with Board development, investments/finances, personnel issues and ad hoc committees